Drug abuse has become a global issue and is a common problem in most countries of the world. In spite of knowing the drastic effects that drugs can have on the physical and mental health of the individual, its use and misuse is on the rise. The concern of world governments regarding this issue Is growing in proportion to the growth of its manufacture and trading.
List of top 5 illegal drugs and their effects
• Heroin- It is processed from the Opium Poppy extracts and was originally created to cure people of addictions to Morphine. The moment Heroin crosses the barrier of the blood-brain it is converted into Morphine and creates a sensation of well being. The most common use is through intravenous injections. People begin using Heroin for recreation but in no time it becomes a ritual. The euphoric feeling which is described as an orgasm that is centered in the gut gives a feeling of ecstasy and a high but along with it comes the fear of becoming an addict.
• Cocaine- Obtained from the Coca plant leaves, Cocaine is an alkaloid which is both an appetite suppressant as well as a stimulant of the Central Nervous System. This drug increases energy and gives a sense of happiness and its effect can last for several hours depending on the dosage. Hyper activity, increased blood pressure and restlessness are some of the initial signs of the stimulation and it is followed by depression and feelings of discomfort with a craving of taking the drug once again. Frequent usage of cocaine can lead to impotence and paranoia.
• Meth- This drug enters the brain and is a stimulant which causes excitement and euphoria. Those who use it can become obsessed and perform tasks repeatedly. The withdrawal from it is characterized by depression, excessive sleeping and eating.
• Crack Cocaine- Also known as ‘Crack’, it became popular during the early 1980’s. The base of it is baking soda which is used more than Ammonia because of lowered toxicity and order. Its effect is comparatively shorter but there is increased energy and confidence.
• LSD- This drug is known to be a recreational one and is used to supplement different exercises for transcendence which includes meditation and illegal psychotherapy. Its effect varies amongst people depending on environment and their state of mind along with previous experiences and the strength of the dose.
Drugs are not the ‘spice’ of life
Drugs cannot be the ‘spice’ of life in fact it is not life at all. Spice is a synthetic drug which is in the market since 2006 and can be purchased conveniently on the internet or truck shops. It is becoming very popular as it is cheap and easy to obtain. Its effects are also greater and quicker than other similar drugs. There are many reports of people getting addicted to spice and not much is known about places where its treatment takes place because of it being a new drug.